Local Artist Dedric Roundtree
Mr. Roundtree is a music educator in the Cedar Rapids Community School District. He teaches at Grant and Truman Elementary Schools.
A Music Listening Adventure - Class 3
Listen and learn! See if you can guess the name of the song Mr. Roundtree plays. If you don’t know the title of the song, follow the clues to guide you on an internet search to find out! Submit your answers to this and other questions! Have a great adventure!
Don’t know the song?
Ask for help from parents to assist with your internet search to answer the questions in this listening adventure. If you do know the title, answer the questions in the next section.
Here are some clues for you:
- This song was released on May 31, 2013.
- The genre (style of music) is Indie Pop, Pop Rock.
- This song debuted at number 87 on the Billboard Hot 100 July 26, 2014.
- The title of the song has 8 letters in its name, and its message is about fitting in with the “in crowd."
If you need more help, let Mr. Roundtree know so he can give you some more clues!
You know the song, congratulations! What else do you know?
Do an internet or YouTube search on the song title and answer the following questions:
- Who sings the song?
- What year was this song created?
- Was this song used in a Movie, Commercial or TV Show?
- Did this song make the Billboard Top 100 list?
- What rating did this song get on the Billboard Top 100?
Submit your answers and say hello to Mr. Roundtree at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to do “extra credit”, submit a video of yourself singing or dancing to the song. Get your family members to join in!
Share your work and stay connected!
We are curious to see your project! Upload photos in the comment section below. If you have trouble, or want to share a short video, email us at email@example.com. Leave your school name in the comment box and we will share images with your school!
We want to stay connected to our creative students when we get back to the new normal. While you are here, learn more about the Eastern Iowa Arts Academy. While we don't have much taking place in real space/time during the pandemic, we will get back to our regular live and in-person classes. When we do, we'd love to have you as a member!