Local Artist Dedric Roundtree
Mr. Roundtree is a music educator in the Cedar Rapids Community School District. He teaches at Grant and Truman Elementary Schools.
A Music Listening Adventure - Class 2
Listen and learn! See if you can guess the name of the song Mr. Roundtree plays. If you don’t know the title of the song, follow the clues to guide you on an Internet search to find out! Submit answers to this and other questions! Have a great adventure!
Don’t know the song?
Here are some clues for you:
- The title of the song is in the form of a question
- This song was released on April 12, 2013
- The Genre (style of music) is POP (short for Popular Music)
- This song was initially released as a digital download single in Norway. The song was a hit in various Nordic countries including Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland.
If you need more help, let Mr. Roundtree know so he can give you some more clues!
You know the song, congratulations! What else do you know?
Do an Internet or YouTube search on the song title and answer the following questions:
- Who composed the song?
- What year was the song created?
- Was this song used in a Movie, Commercial, or TV show?
- Did this song make the Billboard Top 100 list?
- What rating did this song get on the Billboard Top 100?
Submit your answers and say hello to Mr. Roundtree at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to do “extra credit”, submit a video of yourself singing or dancing to the song. Get your family members to join in!
Share your work and stay connected!
We are curious to see your project! Upload photos in the comment section below. If you have trouble, or want to share a short video, email us at email@example.com. Leave your school name in the comment box and we will share images with your school!
We want to stay connected to our creative students when we get back to the new normal. While you are here, learn more about the Eastern Iowa Arts Academy. While we don't have much taking place in real space/time during the pandemic, we will get back to our regular live and in-person classes. When we do, we'd love to have you as a member!