Tracy McPartland - Co-Executive Driector
We are celebrating the success of the Art Bags project which began as an idea to keep kids creatively engaged as schools shut down in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. We have distributed over 163 bags to more than 403 students. It's hard to believe it's only been about a week since we began this effort! Families continue to share their appreciation on our FaceBook pages by submitting samples of what their kids are creating with the supplies provided.
Thank you, thank you, thank you to of the individuals and businesses that have contributed to our Art Bags project. A shout out goes those who have stepped up to help:
- KCRG-TV9 and Phil Reed for running the story to get the word out to families in need!
- Variety-The Children's Charity for supplies for the kids!
- Linn Area Credit Union for a nice financial contribution!
- The Create Exchange for supplies to go into the bags!
- HyVee (First Avenue) for donating bags when we ran out!
- Fairway (16th Avenue SW) for also donating bags!
- Heather Wagner, MAS Director for putting the bags together and ready for pickups!
- Courtny Rocarek, MAS Manager for fielding inquiries and helping coordinate!
- Jeni Head, Board Member for helping put the bags together!
- Brad Lock for help putting bags together!
- Richard Lock for helping put bags together!
- Pam and Sarah Kaufman for helping put bags together!
- Michelle Bell for delivering supplies for use in the bags!!
- And all the individuals who contributed online and through GoFundMe!
Thank you one and all!